Destiny Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny Guild

Destiny Guild Forum

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

10 best pc games of all times =O

Go down 
+7
Pebbles
Wh0AmI
Toothfairy
Belletrice
Chii
Flying Xicken
Sodden
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sodden

Character Sheet
Level: 120
Class: Assassin Assassin
PvP Rating:
10 best pc games of all times =O Left_bar_bleue1/110 best pc games of all times =O Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

10 best pc games of all times =O Empty
PostSubject: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:51 am

i was talking with my bro some weeks ago about the best games we had played trough the course of our lives (that sounded kinda dramatic eh? xD) we had some arguments between old and new video games... but well this is my list =P, i give preference to old games, but cannot avoid to include some more... modern ^^

1) Star wars:Xwing and Star Wars: Tie Fighter... i destroyed like 5 joysticks playing that game... to put it short, the best space flight simulator ever made.

2) NBA Lakers Vs Celtics, 1986 playoffs: ^^ it was a very fun game, the first basketball game to feature full teams with benchs and both sides of the court.

3) Another World: the animation of the graphics was awesome considering the date it was released.

4) Dune: i loved the Harkonnens. strategy game made by westwood (same of command & conquer red alert)

5) Command & Conquer: Red Alert: i loved that i could just put the song "Hell March" each time i was going to attack ^^

6) Dungeons & Dragons: Baldur Gates, a very loooong game, story changed depending on ur behavior (ur answers to the npc)

7) Starcraft: i dont need to write much about it right?

Cool Warcraft 2 & 3... also i dont need to clarify rite?

9) NBA LIVE 2000: the only NBA game that allowed u to use a pic of u... add points of animation (with a feature inside the game) and put ur real face to any created player... it was awesome ^^

10) NBA 2k9 & 10: i dont think i i need to write more about this ones

so what about u guyz, what games are the best ones you´ve played till the moment? (i bet first one for Bam Bam will be AION -_-!)
Back to top Go down
Flying Xicken
I want a rank!
I want a rank!
Flying Xicken

Character Sheet
Level: 123
Class: Druid Druid
PvP Rating:
10 best pc games of all times =O Left_bar_bleue1/110 best pc games of all times =O Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:30 am

I had my first computer in 1998, so my top 10 list is kinda "recent" Sodd. =P
Here's my top 10 list. It shows my favorite games in order:

10th - OGame - The only browser game that made me attach to a computer. The only browser game that made me wake up in time to go to school. Thanks to Wh0, I started playing this in my 1st college. So addictive, I played for 2 years. I replayed it this Winter when my laptop was broken (and couldn't play any other games) and I still have an account in a 4x Universe, but it's in holidays mode.

9th - Lords of the Realm 2 - The first strategic game I played. Though I always played on hardest level, I never finished one game. Why? Simple, when I was on the way to dominate other nobles, I started a new one (and harder). Played for a couple of years.

8th - RoadRash - I never had so much fun and laughs by playing a game, than in RoadRash. Mount your bike and there you go on a 10 min race around 15 AI drivers attempting to knock you out of the bike. Either with punches, or with weapons. Like this game says... Orgasmic.

7th - CM2 (97/98) - The first football manager game i played. I still remember my first game; had to start with Porto because my brother wanted to manage Benfica. We both got sacked before Xmas! =D Then we went bigger, he managed Real Madrid and I went for Barcelona: he got sacked in Feb and I lasted 1 season. Great memories. I played this game for 3 years, till I got recent games (CM3 of FM). But the magic wasn't there anymore.

6th - Grand Prix 2 - The sport I most enjoy to watch since I was a child is F1. No doubt. I simply loved to drive in my #8 McLaren (8 is my favorite number) and to try to beat Schumacher. Played a few 94 seasons (never won the championship) until i decided to make my own fantasy seasons. So great. I spent almost 7 years playing this game and GP3.

5th - Age of Empires - The first one, not the next releases. A simple strategic game. I never had the opportunity to play it online. =( Customizing scenarios, was perhaps the best feature. Multiple tribes with special abilities would ensure you to play with the nation you would like best. Even my first online nickname (Hoyo) came from this game. My favorite unit was the Priest, and I spent most games converting enemy units, instead of making my own. lol AOE2 wasn't that good, not to mention AOE3, which spent 1 afternoon in my hard drive. Perhaps the next strategic game that I played most was Rise of Nations. I played AOE for 3 years, and then from time to time.

4th - NHL 2002 - Why this one and not the recent ones? Cause it's simple and effective, thus, the AI plays much better than in the recent ones. It had great graphics for it's time. Made me a fan of hockey, because of this game I started to know more about this sport and it's players. From time to time I still play a game or 2.

3rd - Test Drive Unlimited - Despite being released in 2007, only in this Summer I could enjoy playing this pearl racing game, because of the system requirements. The most actual sports cars at that time (I love Chevrolet Corvette C6), combined with a few oldies (I love the Chevrolet Camaro Z28, or the Lamborghini Miura), in addiction to numerous races in single player and an island where you take 1hr to give a simple lap around it (it takes almost a day to go in every road of the island), makes the game... orgasmic. It should be played with a wheel, but i don't have one. In multiplayer mode, you can have the races you want, with who you want, you can even create your races. It's the game I play at the moment and I'm looking forward for the next release (last trimester of 2010)

2nd - NASCAR Racing 2003 - The last racing game of this series. When I got NASCAR 2 (in 97) as a gift, I asked myself: wth is this sport? Cars running around in circles, what's the fun? Soon I realised that it MUCH MORE than that. The game made it simple: You have to be quick enough by making a personal setup of the car (despite NASCAR races being in ovals, each track had different lenghts, corner angles, etc) , save fuel, tires, and save your engine. I can't remember the number of times the engine of my car blew up because of high oil pressure! LOL NASCAR 2003 wasn't that epic, but still great and addictive. I spent 5 years playing this game.

1st - Quake. I can't remember the number of times I played this game. I always loved to kill the monsters AND to discover the level secrets! I even made an personal patch where I added monsters and removed health, ammo and armors. It's simply my favorite game. I also played Quake 3 Arena, not as much as Quake, but it was good too. I even played against Wh0. lol (got totally pwned). Actually I don't play Quake 3, and I can't play Quake on my laptop. Sadly. But I played this game for... 5 years in a row (till I got Quake 3).

Hope you enjoyed if you played any of these games.
Back to top Go down
Chii
12-1
12-1
Chii

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:38 am

The following are in no particular order:

- Monkey Island (Probly one of the first games i remember playing. It pwned, still does - And it got a remake! Very Happy)
- Command & Conquer : Red Alert 1 & 2
- Civilization (just.. all of them)
- Final Fantasy 7 , 8, 10, 10-2.
- Street Fighter (the saga, mostly. not all of the titles)
- Mortal Combat
- Team Fortress 2 (BEST online game ever made. PERIOD!)
- Left 4 Dead (BEST co-op game ever made. period)
- Pro Evolution Soccer
- Constructor (REALLY old school, see : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructor_%28video_game%29 )
- Super Mario 64
- Silent Hill 1 e 2 (These 2 games are still, today, 2 of my all time favorite games)
- Duke Nukem 3D (Cuz you ALWAYS bet on the duke!)
- Diablo 2

Those are more than 10, lol sorry Razz
Still, those are indeed, in my opinion, some of the best games ever made.
Back to top Go down
Belletrice
Loves Bez
Belletrice

Character Sheet
Level: 124
Class: Bishop Bishop
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:03 am

I wanna play L4D2 =o

I'm too young and girly to say what the best games for me are because 5 out of 10 would be from the sims expansions XD
Back to top Go down
Toothfairy
Guildbogey
Guildbogey
Toothfairy

Character Sheet
Level: 12x
Class: Evoker Evoker
PvP Rating:
10 best pc games of all times =O Left_bar_bleue50/30010 best pc games of all times =O Empty_bar_bleue  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:45 am

Super Mario, Tetris, Monkey Island, Pokemon, Myst.

Super Mario at NES; never had a better jump and run. Rayman was cool, but Mario is one and only king.
And heck, I love Bowser ^^

Tetris - always fun times, no matter the age. The way I got to classical music.

Monkey Island - I don't need to explain. ^^

Pokemon: I was extremely sceptical abt the game, but when it came out it was love on first try.

Myst: Finally a 3D-adventure of my taste.

I didn't mention the Sims, cos it's still on my harddisk, I'm constantly searching for inspiration for new houses, daily searching for downloads - Sims isn't a game, Sims is a drug. And I'm happily addicted.
Back to top Go down
Sodden

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:34 am

zomg! RoadRash!!!!i totally forgot about it!!!! hahahaha

and loool duke nukem 3d... SHAKE IT BABY!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wh0AmI
Wanted
Wanted
Wh0AmI

Character Sheet
Level: -1
Class: Priest Priest
PvP Rating:
10 best pc games of all times =O Left_bar_bleue-190/30010 best pc games of all times =O Empty_bar_bleue  (-190/300)

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:24 pm

lemme see...

Quake 3 Arena (especially this one Razz)
UT/UT2003/UT2004( and these one.. xD)
MOHAA
Crazy Taxi
Soul Calibur
Ogame (played for years o.o)
Rappelz (wasnt bad at all Razz on beginning ^^)
WoW
Age Of Empires 2
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (muahahaha this one pwns ^^, and very big game o.o)
Quake 2
Counter Strike

and i dont remember more.. xD
Back to top Go down
Sodden

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 1:14 pm

i tried Ogame some years ago... but i was totally obliterated in the first weeks... everybody was like: lets rape sod! no matter his resources are sh!t, lets attack just for the fun of it! ... friends were like: build some transports and keep ur resources in transit... i was like: htf i make transports if those bastards dont let me collect resources not even to build 1!!!! (i got even a moon due the constant attacks)

i quitted =P and wont play that thing never again =P
Back to top Go down
Chii
12-1
12-1
Chii

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:30 pm

OGame is cool if you replace your blood with purified caffeine thus depriving yourself of any sleep or human emotions.
Oh, and it helps not having a social life
Back to top Go down
Chii
12-1
12-1
Chii

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:31 pm

Oh, and i didn't post any MMO, so i'll say that the Best MMO i've ever played is Atlantica Online (to bad end game content is way to much cash shop based) .
Back to top Go down
Wh0AmI
Wanted
Wanted
Wh0AmI

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:
10 best pc games of all times =O Left_bar_bleue-190/30010 best pc games of all times =O Empty_bar_bleue  (-190/300)

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:31 pm

Chii wrote:
OGame is cool if you replace your blood with purified caffeine thus depriving yourself of any sleep or human emotions.
Oh, and it helps not having a social life

i agree, that game is for ppl spends alot hours on front of pc Razz
Back to top Go down
Pebbles

Character Sheet
Level: 130
Class: Soldier Soldier
PvP Rating:
10 best pc games of all times =O Left_bar_bleue50/30010 best pc games of all times =O Empty_bar_bleue  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:18 pm

delta force land warrior
delta force black hawk down
aion.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Sodden

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:16 pm

i dont like much shooters games in wich u have to use mouse to aim and shoot and keyboard to move around... i usually prefer pc games wich i can use joysticks or gamepads, or simply using the mouse for the most of actions and a few keys on the keyboard. Thats why in my list u dont see Unreal Tournament, Quake, Doom, Modern Warfare...etc... those are in my bro´s list ^^
Back to top Go down
Chii
12-1
12-1
Chii

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:17 am

I assume you must like Diablo 2 Sodden?

I can't wait for Diablo 3 already! Haven't been this hyped about a game release since C&C RA3 (which was kind of a disapointment)
Back to top Go down
Sodden

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:30 am

=) yes i played it and its expansion "Throne of Baal" or something like that =P

i enjoy strategy and RPG games ^^ also Baskestball games =P

Diablo 3 is going same with Starcraft... time pass and nothing hope this wont be like "Duke Nukem Forever" xD
Back to top Go down
Belletrice
Loves Bez
Belletrice

Character Sheet
Level: 124
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:37 am

Meh.. My all time fav's are:

Sims (all of them),
Black & White,
Age of Empire,
Age of Mithology,
Empire Earth,
Assassin's Creed,
Rise of Nations,
Lineage
Still Life
Neighbours from Hell

Mostly for pc, because then you have Pokemon =P
Back to top Go down
Sodden

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:40 pm

=) i played too Black & white... but i get stuck in a lvl... never got a damn super Huge mascot -_-!

The Sims... well its cool, but each time they go to work... im like: i should be working too... when they eat... im like... im hungry too dammit... when they are having sex im like: wtf im doing in the front of the pc if i can be doing that too in rl! =P
Back to top Go down
Chii
12-1
12-1
Chii

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:16 am

Belletrice wrote:

because then you have Pokemon =P

10 best pc games of all times =O Pokemon-Its-Serious-Business
Back to top Go down
Wh0AmI
Wanted
Wanted
Wh0AmI

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:11 pm

honeslty i liked pokemon too.. but only the enough to pass it once.. not more than that..

i lol'd @ chii's pic
Back to top Go down
Disturbia

Character Sheet
Level: 122
Class: Battle Kahuna Battle Kahuna
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

My favourites...hmm lemme see, not in this particular order but, they are:

Star Wars KOTOR 1 & 2 (1 was awsome, 2 was a bit of a disappointment but anyway i enjoyed it)
Need For Speed Underground 2 (best nfs ever)
RoadRash (being a biker myself lol i loved it, i wish i could carry a bat when i ride too xD)
Grand Theft Auto Vice City (i really love the 80´s ahah)
Rappelz (in the first year, year and half it was great, after that just got boring and boring, also i gained immunity to it, i learned how to avoid its addiction lol)
Age of Empires 2 (the only strategy game i liked)
Street Legal Racing Redline (the base version was awfull but after all the patching and modding i would play it for hours straight, tuning and tweaking each aspect of the car)
Oblivion (it was hugeee, so much to explore)
Test Drive Unlimited (in spite of all the cars the game has plus the add ons, i managed to put some mods in it and so i only use 1 vehicle now, suzuki gsxr 1000 Very Happy)
Star Wars The Force Unleashed ( im a huge star wars fan, loved this game and the innovation in new game engines and technologies it has, looking forward to TFU2)

Theres more but i cnt remember now lol,my favorourite game of all time is for the PS2 tho, Tourist Trophy best game EVER!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Flying Xicken
I want a rank!
I want a rank!
Flying Xicken

Character Sheet
Level: 123
Class: Druid Druid
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:38 am

Disturbia wrote:
My favourites(...):

Need For Speed Underground 2
RoadRash
[Test Drive Unlimited

NFSU2 - Good game, though i prefer MostWanted (cause i can drive decent cars) but with U2 i could start a career with any car (i would always go with Pontiac GTO or Toyota Supra)

Roadrash - The orgasmic game, like it says. I recently installed it on my old computer. =D

Test Drive Unlimited - The best car game i played/play/will play till TDU2 comes out. I'm LF to drive in Ibiza =D
Back to top Go down
Sodden

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyWed May 05, 2010 8:42 am

im gonna get this one =P

mammoth tank fw!... eager to see Mastodon ^^ in red alert 3 i was upset coz theres not mammoth tank... apocalypse tank that looks similar, but mammoths can fire air targets too -_-!
Back to top Go down
Sospitas
Socks
Socks
Sospitas

Character Sheet
Level: 105
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:52 am

Chii wrote:
- Monkey Island (Probly one of the first games i remember playing. It pwned, still does - And it got a remake! Very Happy)

This ^^^ and this:

Belletrice wrote:
Black & White

Chii and Belle have good taste in games Razz
Back to top Go down
CerealQiller
KornFlakes
KornFlakes
CerealQiller

Character Sheet
Level: 128
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyMon May 10, 2010 11:58 am

Belletrice wrote:

Black & White

racist.
Back to top Go down
CerealQiller
KornFlakes
KornFlakes
CerealQiller

Character Sheet
Level: 128
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:33 pm

CerealQiller wrote:
Belletrice wrote:

Black & White

racist.

jk xP
________

my favs:

mass effect - love it because it's an interactive rpg+shooter combo; awesome codex/lore. i'll say no more

rappelz - boring; but i've been addicted to it far longer than any other game besides pokemon; only mmorpg i know with (an) affective and balanced skill spamming glitch(s).

tes4 (oblivion) - only like, the best "medival age"-ish sandbox game with tons of mods (most of which are awesome); ppl like me still play it today, and some ppl invest time into boosting the graphics on this 2006 game in attempt to rival current 2009-2010 games. the game has so much potential - pity it wasnt an mmo

dragon age - another awesome bioware game; sort of an rpg/strategy game; unlike pokemon, it's more of an interactive rpg; play it because the storyline and dialogues are interesting and graphics are nice. i often comparing it to tes4, but i end up rating tes4 higher (for being a giant free roam sandbox game with large flexibility). i honestly bought it because of the lore, graphics, and that little bit of side-boob Laughing lol

gta: san andreas and gta4 - gta4 is a bit too realistic (car physics-wise), but still fun; because the car crashes are very satisfying (i enjoy being a bad asian driver sometimes lol); i liked gta: san andreas a lot more (i could pimp out my ride, squeeze tons of cars into a small garage instead of a tiny parking lot, cars could drift, cars got nitro, you got airplanes and can drive faster and for longer before hitting the other side of the map)... taking away an effective drifting function really bummed me out - it was the fastest way to get around (excluding aircraft; e.g. hydra). oh, and san andreas had a lot more fun cheats, easter eggs, and exploitable glitches (e.g. that infamous sex glitch) xP

nfs (need for speed): the line of nfs games made gran turismo 4 look 5 times as boring; still a reliable line of racing games

burnout (3, 4, etc.): my favorite aspect of these games is the road-rage mode and/or "take-down" option (the game of deliberate intentions of being a bad driver - trading paint with other racers in attempt to drive as many of them off the road, and total their ride before yours gets totaled. (most affective way to do that would be to ram cars into the outer wall of a curve, or trapping them between you and a wall to narrow their trajectory into a very thin lane leading to a giant truck lol). the physics of the game are a little biased in your direction (feels like you're "heavier" than others, so you have more inertia, making it harder for you to get rammed off the road than others, but you're still faster than them) - making it much easier to take down others than for others to take down you, but nonetheless, it's still very satisfying - i wont complain about it. each take down fills your nitro bar, so a good player could basically be on nitro for more than 95% of the time lol; personal record for road rage would be 112, but that's been easily broken xP. also, i liked the songs it had back when i still liked rock. sold burnout 3 back to gamestop a couple years back... kinda miss it now

final fantasy: best cinematics game imo; superb lore as well; only the gameplay is boring (i dont like jap rpgs very much; makes me feel very passive or "impotent" lol) i play only for the visuals xD

saint's row: feels like another gta game, but more futuristic: cars feel super light - being unable to drift, but have long air times and being able to turn/dime on a time. graphics are rather good, choice of weapons are good; but if i wanted to crash cars, i'd pick gta4

others:

pokemon: bores the hell out of me now; 2D/sprite strategy games like this are the better than a bed-time story or counting sheep backwards (imho); used to be fun to me about 7 years ago Razz

cod (2, 4, etc.) (3 kinda sucked): great, but too many violent children play it; gets boring after a while of getting called cheater/hacker by sore losers lol (prone ninja is more like it Razz)

halo (1, 2 , 3): classic indeed; gameplay-wise beats cod in the balls imo; but like most fps games such as cod, i get called a cheater lol

fable (1, 2): 1st one was fun; 2nd one was basically the 1st fable but with a dog, slightly better graphics, slight additions, online-capable, and a different hero. a real let down for me

sims: it was fun when my real life was an absolute mess (now it barely exists) (-lol-) but it got boring too when i made everyone love each other and then killed them all - basically giving me the feeling that i've mastered the game. now i use it to do practical voodoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 best pc games of all times =O   10 best pc games of all times =O Empty

Back to top Go down

10 best pc games of all times =O
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next