Destiny Guild

Destiny Guild Forum
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:37 am



Last edited by ZooZoo on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chii
12-1
12-1
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:57 am

awesome

i read somewhere the riding is already implemented, but you can't fly is this true?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wh0AmI
Wanted
Wanted
avatar


Character Sheet
Level: -1
Class: Priest Priest
PvP Rating:
-190/300  (-190/300)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:57 am

Chii wrote:
awesome

i read somewhere the riding is already implemented, but you can't fly is this true?

yeah it is... well at least i think so... anyway.. if they put flying mount would be awesome, i loved it on WoW
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stefanLusT
I'm rich bitch!!
I'm rich bitch!!



Character Sheet
Level: 150
Class: Shadow Hunter Shadow Hunter
PvP Rating:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:09 pm

this is so gonna increase price of empties Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bjellicious
I'm Bjell, who r u?
I'm Bjell, who r u?
avatar


Character Sheet
Level: 85
Class: Druid Druid
PvP Rating:
50/300  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:32 pm

Hmm, the guy who got it is very poor.... XD


and the chances of getting hacked is propably a bit bigger for him atm.. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:12 pm

bjellicious wrote:
and the chances of getting hacked is propably a bit bigger for him atm.. lol

I'm not aware of any software hack for Rappelz. People lose their stuff because they give their account details to friends. It would be very VERY easy to have a GM restore that dragon the second anything happens to it if the proper account owner can verify his details.

He doesn't have a lot to worry about except haters wishing they knew more about how to hack! LOL.
Back to top Go down
RyanaBanks
Minotyrant on Cocaine
Minotyrant on Cocaine
avatar


Character Sheet
Level: 120
Class: Druid Druid
PvP Rating:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:50 am

I know how you can check if an account name exists... that's bad enough :-/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sospitas
Socks
Socks
avatar


Character Sheet
Level: 105
Class: Bishop Bishop
PvP Rating:
50/300  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:58 pm

RyanaBanks wrote:
I know how you can check if an account name exists... that's bad enough :-/

Does this involve making lots and lots of accounts? =D

Or checking the availability of the account name when registering?

If so then its not that hard lol =D

But anybody that knows anything about security will know to have a password that cannot be 'Bruted' so they should be safe from all the 'hackers' ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stefanLusT
I'm rich bitch!!
I'm rich bitch!!



Character Sheet
Level: 150
Class: Shadow Hunter Shadow Hunter
PvP Rating:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:41 pm

sos get ingame we need tanks. could trio/quad/guilddp all day Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sospitas
Socks
Socks
avatar


Character Sheet
Level: 105
Class: Bishop Bishop
PvP Rating:
50/300  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Bored of rappelz...cba with grinding...haven't quit just cba

And tests have finished leaving me with 12 weeks of holidays so I'm jobsearching =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bezildor
Loves Belle
Loves Belle
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:17 am

Sospitas wrote:
But anybody that knows anything about security will know to have a password that cannot be 'Bruted' so they should be safe from all the 'hackers' ^^

any password can be 'Bruted', it just takes longer if they are more secure (Im a bit of a crypto-geek Razz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RyanaBanks
Minotyrant on Cocaine
Minotyrant on Cocaine
avatar


Character Sheet
Level: 120
Class: Druid Druid
PvP Rating:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:24 am

Sospitas wrote:
RyanaBanks wrote:
I know how you can check if an account name exists... that's bad enough :-/

Does this involve making lots and lots of accounts? =D

Or checking the availability of the account name when registering?

If so then its not that hard lol =D

Better: how about you try to login once with your login name and a wrong password and once with your login name missspelled and the same wrong password?

You will notice a difference...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightRayne
fail
fail



Character Sheet
Level:
Class: Rogue Rogue
PvP Rating:
50/300  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:15 am

Bezildor wrote:
Sospitas wrote:
But anybody that knows anything about security will know to have a password that cannot be 'Bruted' so they should be safe from all the 'hackers' ^^

any password can be 'Bruted', it just takes longer if they are more secure (Im a bit of a crypto-geek Razz)
Not if you don't have the specific password in your dictionarys.


What if i put my password as a MD5 hash like fuck your going to have that combination of characters in one of your dictionary files, seeing as my hash would be unique.
Also not every login can be bruted because some brute forcers aren't capable of getting around captcha images or other various ways to stop people from spamming the login.

http://www.remote-exploit.org/backtrack.html
^ so much fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makron
Lil' Mak
Lil' Mak
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:22 am

md5 is easily decrypted - it isnt safe anymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RyanaBanks
Minotyrant on Cocaine
Minotyrant on Cocaine
avatar


Character Sheet
Level: 120
Class: Druid Druid
PvP Rating:
1/1  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:22 am

Naw, it's all about the username: you get different error messages when using an existent username vs. inexistent username.

Try it... wrong password so you get an error message at all ;P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightRayne
fail
fail



Character Sheet
Level:
Class: Rogue Rogue
PvP Rating:
50/300  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:50 am

Makron wrote:
md5 is easily decrypted - it isnt safe anymore
i know its been compromised, but if im using one as a password they aint going to have it in there dictionary files are they.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bezildor
Loves Belle
Loves Belle
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:10 am

LightRayne wrote:
Makron wrote:
md5 is easily decrypted - it isnt safe anymore
i know its been compromised, but if im using one as a password they aint going to have it in there dictionary files are they.

im not talking about dictionary files, the thing im talking about is something being 'theoretically' breakable.

If you have a password 10 characters long made up of alphnumerics, caps etc then you can be sure to be secure. now think about a hypothetical cracking machine that can generate every combination of password and check them very quickly. You can calculate how many tries it would take on average and therefore know how long it would take on average. DES was considered secure until not very long ago - then it was broken in a matter of hours by a distributed network (ie one like a government has).

There are only 2 types of completely (mathematically) secure communications - one-time pad and quantum crypto. These cannot be broken even if you had all the time in the world.

Oh and light, if quantum computers do eventually become feasible then all communication using DES, AES, RSA (any current and future encryption that is conventional) will be transparent - Shor's Algorithm can factor numbers in polynomial time (breaks RSA/PGP) and Grover's Algorithm can search through lists in quadratic time (breaks DES/AES).

Food for thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:18 am

Bezildor wrote:
There are only 2 types of completely (mathematically) secure communications - one-time pad and quantum crypto. These cannot be broken even if you had all the time in the world.

Oh and light, if quantum computers do eventually become feasible then all communication using DES, AES, RSA (any current and future encryption that is conventional) will be transparent - Shor's Algorithm can factor numbers in polynomial time (breaks RSA/PGP) and Grover's Algorithm can search through lists in quadratic time (breaks DES/AES).

Food for thought.

Bez, when you talk like this to Belle does she get excited?
Back to top Go down
LightRayne
fail
fail



Character Sheet
Level:
Class: Rogue Rogue
PvP Rating:
50/300  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:33 am

ZooZoo wrote:
Bezildor wrote:
There are only 2 types of completely (mathematically) secure communications - one-time pad and quantum crypto. These cannot be broken even if you had all the time in the world.

Oh and light, if quantum computers do eventually become feasible then all communication using DES, AES, RSA (any current and future encryption that is conventional) will be transparent - Shor's Algorithm can factor numbers in polynomial time (breaks RSA/PGP) and Grover's Algorithm can search through lists in quadratic time (breaks DES/AES).

Food for thought.

Bez, when you talk like this to Belle does she get excited?
+1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bezildor
Loves Belle
Loves Belle
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:25 am

ZooZoo wrote:
Bezildor wrote:
There are only 2 types of completely (mathematically) secure communications - one-time pad and quantum crypto. These cannot be broken even if you had all the time in the world.

Oh and light, if quantum computers do eventually become feasible then all communication using DES, AES, RSA (any current and future encryption that is conventional) will be transparent - Shor's Algorithm can factor numbers in polynomial time (breaks RSA/PGP) and Grover's Algorithm can search through lists in quadratic time (breaks DES/AES).

Food for thought.

Bez, when you talk like this to Belle does she get excited?

it was meant to get you excited Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:11 am

Bezildor wrote:
ZooZoo wrote:
Bezildor wrote:
There are only 2 types of completely (mathematically) secure communications - one-time pad and quantum crypto. These cannot be broken even if you had all the time in the world.

Oh and light, if quantum computers do eventually become feasible then all communication using DES, AES, RSA (any current and future encryption that is conventional) will be transparent - Shor's Algorithm can factor numbers in polynomial time (breaks RSA/PGP) and Grover's Algorithm can search through lists in quadratic time (breaks DES/AES).

Food for thought.

Bez, when you talk like this to Belle does she get excited?

it was meant to get you excited Razz

I had a cryptogasm. As soon as I can figure out how to unlock the thing, there will be a big mess to clean up.
Back to top Go down
LightRayne
fail
fail



Character Sheet
Level:
Class: Rogue Rogue
PvP Rating:
50/300  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:45 am

ZooZoo wrote:
Bezildor wrote:
ZooZoo wrote:
Bezildor wrote:
There are only 2 types of completely (mathematically) secure communications - one-time pad and quantum crypto. These cannot be broken even if you had all the time in the world.

Oh and light, if quantum computers do eventually become feasible then all communication using DES, AES, RSA (any current and future encryption that is conventional) will be transparent - Shor's Algorithm can factor numbers in polynomial time (breaks RSA/PGP) and Grover's Algorithm can search through lists in quadratic time (breaks DES/AES).

Food for thought.

Bez, when you talk like this to Belle does she get excited?

it was meant to get you excited Razz

I had a cryptogasm. As soon as I can figure out how to unlock the thing, there will be a big mess to clean up.
lololololololololololoololololllololllo
llolloloololloloololloloololloloololloloololloloololloloololloloololloloololloloololloloolollol
lolloloololloloololloloololloloo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sospitas
Socks
Socks
avatar


Character Sheet
Level: 105
Class: Bishop Bishop
PvP Rating:
50/300  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Lol randomness.

What I meant by cannot be bruted is say your password was something completely random and long as heck like:

7a87sgf9s67CGSA6768fbsa89786B7SAV8b68cbsa86ag7

Not a reasonable password to have because it would need to be written down o.o but yeah, the amount of time a brute force cracker would have to spend to find that exact combination would be way too long compared to the payout that they would get.

That password was a little OTT but still, a more simple one would still take a hella long time just for a stupid pixelated White Dragon o.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bezildor
Loves Belle
Loves Belle
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:00 pm

ZooZoo wrote:
Bezildor wrote:
ZooZoo wrote:
Bezildor wrote:
There are only 2 types of completely (mathematically) secure communications - one-time pad and quantum crypto. These cannot be broken even if you had all the time in the world.

Oh and light, if quantum computers do eventually become feasible then all communication using DES, AES, RSA (any current and future encryption that is conventional) will be transparent - Shor's Algorithm can factor numbers in polynomial time (breaks RSA/PGP) and Grover's Algorithm can search through lists in quadratic time (breaks DES/AES).

Food for thought.

Bez, when you talk like this to Belle does she get excited?

it was meant to get you excited Razz

I had a cryptogasm. As soon as I can figure out how to unlock the thing, there will be a big mess to clean up.

maybe light can help you, he is used to your pumping action after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bezildor
Loves Belle
Loves Belle
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Sospitas wrote:
Lol randomness.

What I meant by cannot be bruted is say your password was something completely random and long as heck like:

7a87sgf9s67CGSA6768fbsa89786B7SAV8b68cbsa86ag7

Not a reasonable password to have because it would need to be written down o.o but yeah, the amount of time a brute force cracker would have to spend to find that exact combination would be way too long compared to the payout that they would get.

That password was a little OTT but still, a more simple one would still take a hella long time just for a stupid pixelated White Dragon o.o

when i say something can be bruted, i mean if u had all the time in the world to do it. it would be far easier to hack galanet itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus   

Back to top Go down
 
Tamed WD & Gnoll @ Tortus
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Destiny Guild :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: