Destiny Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny Guild

Destiny Guild Forum

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing

Go down 
+3
Scorp
CerealQiller
Bahl
7 posters

Are you gonna try this the Bahl way?
Yes, it owns!
How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Vote_lcap73%How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Vote_rcap
 73% [ 11 ]
No, i crs ftw and since i don't heal pet i wont die
How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Vote_lcap20%How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Maybe, doubt anybody will use it..
How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Vote_lcap7%How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Bahl

Character Sheet
Level: 127
Class: Battle Summoner Battle Summoner
PvP Rating:
How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Left_bar_bleue1/1How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Empty
PostSubject: How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing   How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Even with +20 gear and full buffs pets can die. The trouble is usually that people cant target it because its not in the pt bar. There is a very easy solution to this.

When your pet is close to dieing target it and move it around a bit. (shift click it close so it doesnt drag new mobs). The healer/huna/other petclasses can then easily use assist on you to end up targetting the pet and saving it and in so doing keeping the others players from dieing as well.

Note: this only works if everybody uses it. So spread the word and try it the Bahl way.

Have fun and tank them all,
B.
Back to top Go down
CerealQiller
KornFlakes
KornFlakes
CerealQiller

Character Sheet
Level: 128
Class: Evoker Evoker
PvP Rating:
How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Left_bar_bleue50/300How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Empty_bar_bleue  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing   How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:09 pm

hehe apparently, the only way for me to get my average healers to heal my main pet is by waving it in their face or walking it around the room xP

i end up being the only one healing main pets sometimes Dx...

this is where i think why evo3yetis, evo2/3 hawks, are easier to heal (not just because of their stats, but) because:

1. they're big, so it makes them easy to target/click on

2. they stand higher and above the rest of the dp and pets so their hp bars stay on top and arent hidden/buried under the hp bars of others (the salys' hp bars are below everyone else's so healers might not catch a dying saly if the dp is in a tight huddle).
Back to top Go down
Scorp
Tanking Priest
Tanking Priest

Character Sheet
Level: 1xx
Class: Soul Breeder Soul Breeder
PvP Rating:
How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Left_bar_bleue999999999999999/300How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Empty_bar_bleue  (999999999999999/300)

PostSubject: Re: How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing   How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 pm

i dont feel i have a problem healing main pets as i have all bars visable at all times but you can always ask ppl that party with me
Back to top Go down
CerealQiller
KornFlakes
KornFlakes
CerealQiller

Character Sheet
Level: 128
PvP Rating:
How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Left_bar_bleue50/300How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Empty_bar_bleue  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing   How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:13 pm

hehe than u arent an average healer ^^
Back to top Go down
Brendo

PostSubject: Re: How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing   How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:51 pm

yeah ive actually been doing that bahl, i never knew you were selecting it for that reason tho lol. The main issue i have, like you said, is that i cant select and even some times i cant see your angels hp bar. Since the angel is never in party window i have to try hard to look around for it. Then judging how fast its hp decreases and what heals it has on it i will give it a heal of my own. Sometimes tho i just heal for the sake of helping out if i have full mp, afterall if i can, might as well make life easier.
Back to top Go down
Richnox
Sin for the Win
Sin for the Win

PostSubject: Re: How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing   How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:57 pm

Cornflakes hits the nail on the head. Those small pets taking damage often goes unnoticed.
I think I'll try the assist method on my healer some time, see how it works, though even if perfected I think it'll be quite slow. First the pet class has to let the healer know he has his pet selected, then the healer has to heal, and the pet class has to keep his pet selected until he notices the healer actually healing the thing. During all that time the pet class cannot switch targets, help killing mobs etcetera. I'm afraid it'll be like having a player stunned for ~5-10 seconds. It might be easier to just move the pet out of the crowd so the healer notices it...
Back to top Go down
Brendo

PostSubject: Re: How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing   How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:25 am

Richnox wrote:
Cornflakes hits the nail on the head. Those small pets taking damage often goes unnoticed.
I think I'll try the assist method on my healer some time, see how it works, though even if perfected I think it'll be quite slow. First the pet class has to let the healer know he has his pet selected, then the healer has to heal, and the pet class has to keep his pet selected until he notices the healer actually healing the thing. During all that time the pet class cannot switch targets, help killing mobs etcetera. I'm afraid it'll be like having a player stunned for ~5-10 seconds. It might be easier to just move the pet out of the crowd so the healer notices it...

thats actualy what bahls suggest. The idea is to click and then shift click your pet. So by mving your pet outside the main group of mobs and players it brings the pet to healers attention then he can assist and heal.

bahl said before that if his angel tank is in trouble he will move it so everyone knows if you see a fleeing angel, act fast lol. But if in a party everyone knows this things should be fine
Back to top Go down
gromar

gromar

Character Sheet
Level: 85
Class: Soldier Soldier
PvP Rating:
How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Left_bar_bleue1/1How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing   How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:48 am

Brendo wrote:
Richnox wrote:

thats actualy what bahls suggest. The idea is to click and then shift click your pet. So by mving your pet outside the main group of mobs and players it brings the pet to healers attention then he can assist and heal.

bahl said before that if his angel tank is in trouble he will move it so everyone knows if you see a fleeing angel, act fast lol. But if in a party everyone knows this things should be fine

i share this method i think it is possible to work.
Back to top Go down
Bahl

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing   How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:13 am

Brendo wrote:
Richnox wrote:

It's best for angel tanks when there are actually loads of mobs on it so it gets way harder to target. Ofcourse you can use it with other pets as well and with fewer mobs on them, though a healer like scorp wont get it that close to dieing to actually need this.

2nd. When my angel dies its usually either me, healer or cm that dies next. Moving it around will actually get it some less hits and you might wanna have it targetted to heal it as soon as heals get off cd.

The idea is that the party noticed that all the mobs start moving and something is very wrong. So no talking is needed and this shouldnt take more than 4/5seconds max.
Back to top Go down
Bahl

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing   How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:14 am

Brendo wrote:
yeah ive actually been doing that bahl, i never knew you were selecting it for that reason tho lol. The main issue i have, like you said, is that i cant select and even some times i cant see your angels hp bar. Since the angel is never in party window i have to try hard to look around for it. Then judging how fast its hp decreases and what heals it has on it i will give it a heal of my own. Sometimes tho i just heal for the sake of helping out if i have full mp, afterall if i can, might as well make life easier.

Nice one bren^^
Back to top Go down
Toothfairy
Guildbogey
Guildbogey
Toothfairy

Character Sheet
Level: 12x
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing   How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:12 am

I usually don't need to do it, cos the invisible pet is a pixie and heals herself. ^^

But on my cleric I soemtimes beg the dualsummoners to put their pets out,
cos fi first pet is a sally, and sec one a yeti (at same spot),
I can never target Sally -.-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing   How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing Empty

Back to top Go down

How to keep those damn tanking main pets from dieing
Page 1 of 1