Destiny Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny Guild

Destiny Guild Forum

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

An interesting point of view

Go down 
+4
stefanLusT
Makron
AshAura
Chii
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chii
12-1
12-1
Chii

An interesting point of view Empty
PostSubject: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:40 am

We all hate the new immo system (almost all Razz)

I was browsing rappelz forums and this person:
SirisLothriel, R6 Priestess, Bahamut

said something really intelligent regarding losing immo points:

Quote :
1. duo/trio in ursa to kill many mobs above your level rapidly
2. collect the ursa points
3. buy bear bombs
4. donate them

I never thought of this, but it's really quite clever.

Just thought i should share Razz
Back to top Go down
AshAura
I Love Alts!
I Love Alts!
AshAura

PostSubject: Re: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:01 am

Chii tht is kinda cool.....ima go pk on my sin and try it out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:27 am

That's a really good idea.

I don't mind the immo system that much. Some people call it the "new" system, but honestly, it's exactly like the old Epic 3 system. Except in Epic 3, the only option was to farm the immo off and there was no altar.

But it didn't stop people from PKing at all. It did make them think about who they wanted to PK before they did it, but dealing with immo was fine. You just waited off your wrath and then farmed a bit. In ace we would help our guildmates farm off their immo that they got from PK wars with other guilds.

Wearing a red-name was kind of annoying but it was halfway a badge of honor because it meant that you are willing to take the red-name and everything that goes with it to PK someone who is pissing you off. People can't really see it that way now because for the past epic, PKs have pretty much been a free entitlement that every player feels they have open access to.

If you go from Epic 4 "free" PKs to Epic 5 and assume that paying off the red name is the only way to resolve the immo, then yeah it seems really bad. If you forget about the altar and just go farm a bit, the immo should resolve pretty quickly.

When immo was measured in points, each monster gave 1 immo reduction, no matter if it was a dungeon mob or field mob or whatever, so it makes a lot of sense that ursa would be a great way to get off immo. Also, it only mattered that the mob was your level or higher, but there was no benefit to higher levels than that.

The one case I think the new system sucks at is informal group PvP, because there is still no system for this.
Back to top Go down
Makron
Lil' Mak
Lil' Mak
Makron

PostSubject: Re: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:44 am

they are so gonna stop that once they realise it
Back to top Go down
stefanLusT
I'm rich bitch!!
I'm rich bitch!!

Character Sheet
Level: 150
Class: Shadow Hunter Shadow Hunter
PvP Rating:
An interesting point of view Left_bar_bleue0/0An interesting point of view Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:56 am

can u donate those bombs? ive tried it with hawk pot or what they are called. couldnt donate em...
pking is pretty much dead... guess they wanted it like that cuz too many retards where pking in moon.
well a r4- pk barrier would have done it too -.-
Back to top Go down
Bezildor
Loves Belle
Loves Belle
Bezildor

PostSubject: Re: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:10 pm

cant donate timed items
Back to top Go down
stefanLusT
I'm rich bitch!!
I'm rich bitch!!

Character Sheet
Level: 150
Class: Shadow Hunter Shadow Hunter
PvP Rating:
An interesting point of view Left_bar_bleue0/0An interesting point of view Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 12:10 pm

not hawk pot... the ursa one... hawk somethingsomething or cheetah something something. that didnt work too^^
Back to top Go down
BamBam

BamBam

Character Sheet
Level: 112
Class: Evoker Evoker
PvP Rating:
An interesting point of view Left_bar_bleue1/1An interesting point of view Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:20 pm

maybe high npc price

and btw bear bombs aren't timed
Back to top Go down
RyanaBanks
Minotyrant on Cocaine
Minotyrant on Cocaine
RyanaBanks

Character Sheet
Level: 120
Class: Druid Druid
PvP Rating:
An interesting point of view Left_bar_bleue1/1An interesting point of view Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:27 pm

You can donate bombs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:17 pm

I personally don't mind having PKing bear a huge penalty for taking out many characters of exceedingly low level. You can probably take out one if he's really bugging you or just get your alt with a pet and whack him. Then just farm it off. It's not the end of the world.

I think the big thing that people are missing is that PKing is still in the game. It's just that there is no FREE PKing, so people actually have to consider if killing someone is worth the need to farm a while. Right now everyone who liked the free PK system is a bit sulky, but trust me, once people get used to the new system, there will be PKing just as there was all during Epic 3 when there was no option for removing red-name other than farming it off. And no ursa.

Grow a set, and when the next person starts laughing in your face about how pussy PKers got without a free PK system, blow their brains out and then go farm it off like a man.
Back to top Go down
Bezildor
Loves Belle
Loves Belle
Bezildor

PostSubject: Re: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 2:39 am

PKing in e3 seemed even more expensive because it wasnt just a matter of farming it off, farming was difficult for a variety of reasons (less dmg done by ppl, more by mobs, no food, oh and no 2nd job). iirc the only classes that could farm effectively were hunas and sorcs. Maybe bowfighters too.
Back to top Go down
LightRayne
fail
fail

Character Sheet
Level:
Class: Rogue Rogue
PvP Rating:
An interesting point of view Left_bar_bleue50/300An interesting point of view Empty_bar_bleue  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 3:28 am

Bezildor wrote:
PKing in e3 seemed even more expensive because it wasnt just a matter of farming it off, farming was difficult for a variety of reasons (less dmg done by ppl, more by mobs, no food, oh and no 2nd job). iirc the only classes that could farm effectively were hunas and sorcs. Maybe bowfighters too.
now its just pet class's with rp's ranged class's and mages with spammable matk skills leaving us warriors and huna's fooked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An interesting point of view   An interesting point of view Empty

Back to top Go down

An interesting point of view
Page 1 of 1