Destiny Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny Guild

Destiny Guild Forum

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hawk Build Help

Go down 
+6
Wildwilie
stefanLusT
Richnox
Celaxia
LightRayne
Murdoc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Murdoc
It's never Lupus
It's never Lupus
Murdoc

Character Sheet
Level: 69
Class: Bishop Bishop
PvP Rating:
Hawk Build Help Left_bar_bleue1/1Hawk Build Help Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Hello lovely guild im here today to ask for some of ur leet advises on how to skill a hawkie
I bought one today and i dont really know how to build it D:

Heres some pics from the actual skills and passives Smile

TY in advance

Hawk Build Help Active10

Hawk Build Help Passiv10

Update:

Malfs is inactive cause of school so im gonna use this hawk mostly on my lvl 90 SB or 70 bishop

I forgot that info Razz

Last edited by Murdoc on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 7:24 pm

Looks pretty solid to me.

I would get only level 1 of Body Slam and skip the threat altogether unless for a pet class who needs a tanker.

How does it's MP consumption do? I may consider lowering its attack skills that you use until you find the right level of attacks that keep its mana good when fighting. Then, when you're ready to respec, get just those levels.

Then, slowly add 1 point to each attack, and add a little bit to MP regen and max MP skills, keeping a good balance on mana spent over time. Do this over a week or so, testing as you go.

Overall this is a very standard build for a hawk, so it should do well for a lot of characters.
Back to top Go down
Murdoc
It's never Lupus
It's never Lupus
Murdoc

Character Sheet
Level: 69
Class: Bishop Bishop
PvP Rating:

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 7:33 pm

The mana consumption is kinda high, Scorp told me to lower the max hp passive to 10 and use the other jps to get clarity

Im gonna test the hawk some days and then ill do the respec Smile

TYVM!

Oh btw whats the current price for R6 Mace and Warrior armor? im using r5 +10 lvl 10 armor and mace atm
Back to top Go down
LightRayne
fail
fail

Character Sheet
Level:
Class: Rogue Rogue
PvP Rating:
Hawk Build Help Left_bar_bleue50/300Hawk Build Help Empty_bar_bleue  (50/300)

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 7:42 pm

max actives if you'll be solo'n / pvp'd on island or at bridge etc.
Back to top Go down
Celaxia

Celaxia

Character Sheet
Level: 62
Class: Battle Summoner Battle Summoner
PvP Rating:

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:02 pm

I bought an 85 hawk some time ago and when I first recieved it, the skills where an active build. I found 2 of them to be the most needed, Triple Slash and Power Slash. I found Triple Slash to work very effectively however Power Slash seemed to miss way to much to warrant any points on the rebuild. Decided to go all passive with the exception of Unity. Couldn't be more happy as it still tends to out power me. If I did anything different I would throw a couple of points to Triple Slash but then again he is only 85. BTW I love passive built pets Smile, my r5 Orc has out powered an r6 hawk several times (with respective equips for both). The funniest thing is when he tanks a room better than an R6 hawk, with less heals and doesn't need actives for threat generation.
Back to top Go down
Richnox
Sin for the Win
Sin for the Win

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 1:23 am

You're not a pet class. Hence your pet isn't supposed to get aggro. What good are def passives if your hawk is only going to get aggro once or twice in a dp? For this reason I'd skip on all the def passives and go full on the attack passives, attack skills and mana passives. And unity ofcourse. At least, that's how I've built my orc and it does good damage. My orc isn't even wearing armour, but uses a str ring instead.
Back to top Go down
stefanLusT
I'm rich bitch!!
I'm rich bitch!!

Character Sheet
Level: 150
Class: Shadow Hunter Shadow Hunter
PvP Rating:
Hawk Build Help Left_bar_bleue0/0Hawk Build Help Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:09 am

i dont know much about hawks... but zoozoo has spoken, do whatever he says Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wildwilie

Wildwilie

Character Sheet
Level: 71
Class: Priest Priest
PvP Rating:

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:04 am

ZooZoo FTW XD
Back to top Go down
ChibiBobo
OMG BUNNIES
OMG BUNNIES

Character Sheet
Level:
Class: Soul Breeder Soul Breeder
PvP Rating:
Hawk Build Help Left_bar_bleue1/300Hawk Build Help Empty_bar_bleue  (1/300)

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:49 am

Richnox wrote:
My orc isn't even wearing armour, but uses a str ring instead.

Well this explains a lot. No wonder poor Menno is so freaking squishy! Razz

Rich does make a very good point, though. I know of soldiers and knights who use a build very similar to what Rich suggested (full attack passives, no def passives) and it works well for them since they are always keeping aggro over their pets. I still like the idea of an armor, though, just to make sure your pet doesn't die immediately from random adds. Wink

Like Zoo said, the build you have on your hawk right now is a pretty standard one that will work on many classes (possibly helpful if you like to play your alts a lot). And yes~ ZooZoo FTW! cheers
Back to top Go down
Richnox
Sin for the Win
Sin for the Win

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:11 am

ChibiBobo wrote:
Richnox wrote:
My orc isn't even wearing armour, but uses a str ring instead.

Well this explains a lot. No wonder poor Menno is so freaking squishy! Razz
If he gets random adds he'll die with or without armour. Doesn't matter much. With the str ring he does more damage and gets aggro easier when using an attack skill. Especially the debuff skill seems to generate an ungodly amount of aggro. I can only use that skill on autocast in a dp with a good tank, or my orc dies all the time.

I wonder how non pet classes keep their pets alive if they would upgrade the pet weapon... scratch
Back to top Go down
stefanLusT
I'm rich bitch!!
I'm rich bitch!!

Character Sheet
Level: 150
Class: Shadow Hunter Shadow Hunter
PvP Rating:
Hawk Build Help Left_bar_bleue0/0Hawk Build Help Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:16 pm

they dont Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yuki

yuki

Character Sheet
Level: 115
Class: Knight Knight
PvP Rating:

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 5:48 am

never really have an issue keeping mine alive, she keeps me alive more often o.O

guess thats what i get for having a bp XD
Back to top Go down
Scorp
Tanking Priest
Tanking Priest

Character Sheet
Level: 1xx
Class: Soul Breeder Soul Breeder
PvP Rating:
Hawk Build Help Left_bar_bleue999999999999999/300Hawk Build Help Empty_bar_bleue  (999999999999999/300)

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 10:54 am

i would still find a way to max out clerity ............... that is a must on all classes and when using it on an alt
Back to top Go down
Bahl

Character Sheet
Level: 127
Class: Battle Summoner Battle Summoner
PvP Rating:

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 3:40 pm

Richnox wrote:
You're not a pet class. Hence your pet isn't supposed to get aggro. What good are def passives if your hawk is only going to get aggro once or twice in a dp? For this reason I'd skip on all the def passives and go full on the attack passives, attack skills and mana passives. And unity ofcourse. At least, that's how I've built my orc and it does good damage. My orc isn't even wearing armour, but uses a str ring instead.

+1

I used something like this on tank. Maxed both mp passives and use all except slam lvl1 on auto. I used armor and put some spare jps on def though. My hawk was a lot lower (evo2 r5 ish) and I used skill lvl set to be about drained after an hour straight depending on how many sb's there were in party and how much i used the slam.

There is no way of telling how much mp your hawk will use in a party but you can make an educated guess. If you wanna do it thoroughly, check how many mp it gets pet min and what it loses.

I'm not sure about the numbers but i think its something like 3% of hawk total mp(get it int buffed if calculating dps) + the mp regen number (think each lvl adds 3). Then substract the costs/min of toggles + autocasts. Like multiply unity cost by 6 to see where it ends up. Skip the cast times when doing a rough check or add them (+ 1second since game doesnt use them right away) if you want it more thorough. This should give you an idea of the total mp you lose per minute. In reality you lose a bit less than that because you have some seconds down time for tabbing / scrolling healer / waiting for pulls or whatever, but it gives you a good idea at what it can manage. Just see where your at after 60 mins of max skills and you'll know if you need the mp passives or not. Add about 5 times the sb skill to check how it is with 1 capable sb in pt. Ofcourse your pet gets a bit more mp with a bs but i wouldn't count the aura bonus in unless you hardly ever dp without a bs. The priest mass regen is really nice and does make a lot of a difference though.

This is a model to use if your lfdp, still waiting for that healer to join aka have nothing better to do. It also assumes you wanna have skills on autocast and want to dp for an hour. pe: if you want it skilled for duels you'll want max skills any way and if you wanna farm for hours straight you'll probably want to use either low autocasts, high manuals or some max skills on auto. Use it as a rough estimation of what you can handle with ease, then set some skills a bit higher and just check if it works out.

Either way, you should have plenty of jps to max the attack skills and make a nice pet thats best suited for what you want.

Bahl (bored at work atm Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hawk Build Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Build Help   Hawk Build Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Hawk Build Help
Page 1 of 1