Destiny Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny Guild

Destiny Guild Forum

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+9
Bezildor
Giggly
Sheri
stefanLusT
bjellicious
Belletrice
ChibiBobo
AcHiLLs
Edric
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:23 pm

ZOMG!!! I got my new computer. I'm absolutely sorry and I don't mean to be full of myself, but I have to post this geekiness.

Sweetwater is a pro audio one-stop internet shop, and they are pretty fuckin awesome. For anyone into home recording, guitars, music, etc, I highly recommend them.

Creation Station Tower
Motherboard: Asus w/P43 Chipset
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66GHz/1333MHz FSB
Hard Drive(s): 2 x Seagate 500GB SATA
RAM: 4GB DDR2/800
Optical Drive: DVD+/-RW Lightscribe
Video Card: GeForce 8400GS 1 VGA / 1 DVI-I
Ports: 2 x FireWire 400, 9 x USB 2.0, 1 x LAN
PCI Slots: 1 x PCIe-x16 (occupied), 2 x PCIe-x1, 3 x PCI (2 available)
Card Reader: Multimedia card reader

The computer is quiet as a mouse. You have to get your head about a foot away to actually hear the fans inside running. I could probably build a similar box for $1200, but this one comes with a 2 year warranty, support and works with Pro Tools which is notoriously BAD about playing nice with a lot of PC builds.

Samsung 2433BW 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Digidesign Pro Tools 003 Rack Complete
Pro Tools is the editing system I use for audio editing. A normal system is around $500, Digi has a clever way to make film people pay more by only including film Timecode format for a $2000 upgrade. :/ And Digi has a monopoly on the post-production audio market, so there's no alternative that won't eliminate 80% of the post jobs out there.

Waves Silver Plug-ins
Basically the plug-ins are the tools I use for crafting audio once it's in the software. EQ's, Compressors, Reverbs, all the fun stuff.

Mackie HR824
These are the speakers I use. Mine are the older versions (just HR824, these are 824 mark 2's, but pretty much the same design.) I did not get my monitors from Sweetwater, though.

Best part, was that cuz I went thru Sweetwater for all the stuff, all the software I ordered was preinstalled, preregistered and all I had to do was plug everything in and turn the thing on. Oh and install Rappelz!

Now I can actually get to work and you guys won't see me for a while. Acutally I lie, I'll prob be on a lot now that I work from home. Just gotta force myself to actually get some work done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:25 pm

Rappelz runs at 1440x900something with everything on but glow. With glow, it gets about 10 fps, without probably around 20-30. I have yet to optimize anything and all of the GeForce settings are for quality not performance.

Relog time is 20 seconds from pressing relog to the point that I'm in the game moving around again. I hope this lets me siege now. Previous relog time was like 2 minutes or more, no joke.
Back to top Go down
Edric
Carebear
Carebear
Edric

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:54 pm

Nice, GZ Zoo Smile.
Now you can make some HD Vids of your Breeder's awesomeness . Razz
Back to top Go down
AcHiLLs

AcHiLLs

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:25 pm

that look good..

gz =p
Back to top Go down
ChibiBobo
OMG BUNNIES
OMG BUNNIES

Character Sheet
Level:
Class: Soul Breeder Soul Breeder
PvP Rating:
ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue1/300ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/300)

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 2:14 am

That first post might as well have been in a foreign language, because I don't understand computer lingo at all so I have no idea what you're talking about~ but it sure sounds impressive, so congrats!!! ^_^ Now you can go into CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK MODE and order us about in sieges with even greater efficiency! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Belletrice
Loves Bez
Belletrice

Character Sheet
Level: 124
Class: Bishop Bishop
PvP Rating:
ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue1/1ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 3:58 am

psh my laptop sounds better ;o
Back to top Go down
bjellicious
I'm Bjell, who r u?
I'm Bjell, who r u?
bjellicious

Character Sheet
Level: 85
Class: Druid Druid
PvP Rating:
ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue50/300ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 6:40 am

Glow is a must, makes everything look cooler.. (especially my axe, and lightrayne's r3 staff xD)
Back to top Go down
stefanLusT
I'm rich bitch!!
I'm rich bitch!!

Character Sheet
Level: 150
Class: Shadow Hunter Shadow Hunter
PvP Rating:
ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue0/0ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 7:51 am

nice comp tho only the screen is better than my crt Razz
Back to top Go down
Sheri

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:01 am

I agree with Chibi. All I saw in the post was that ZooZoo got new computer with some blah blah parts ;-) GZ! Shiny new toys are always good.

Why turn off glow?! The glow is everything! Play rappelz without glow is torture ;-(

I had to live without glow after I bought a new dell computer early in the year. For some reason the new computer ran rappelz really slow with glow, and I had to run turn the graphics option off. Finally my friend told me I needed a new video card. You would think new computer should have better video card, bah. He told me which one to order and installed it for me. Now I can run everything in full detail with glow again! The GLOW!
Back to top Go down
Giggly

Giggly

Character Sheet
Level: 123
Class: Archer Archer
PvP Rating:
ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue1/1ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:17 am

OMG THAT IS SO AMAZING!!!!!! i built my own box with similar specs and kept upgrading parts Razz weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

unfortunately it doesn't keep me from getting sframe error ;_;
Back to top Go down
Bezildor
Loves Belle
Loves Belle
Bezildor

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:36 am

Giggly wrote:

I dont think even this could run Rappelz without sframe errors
Back to top Go down
Giggly

Giggly

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:45 am

Bezildor wrote:
Giggly wrote:

I dont think even this could run Rappelz without sframe errors

LOL!!!!!!!!!! right. yes... freakin sframe...

on a brighter note... we both got incredibly cute avatar, bez! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eish
Destiny's Closet Perv
Destiny's Closet Perv
Eish

Character Sheet
Level: R6
Class: Knight Knight
PvP Rating:
ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue50/300ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 9:35 am

Gz zoo awesome rig there
i hope it brings u much joy in the future

afro Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:15 am

So far, the performance is stunning, to put it lightly.

I opened up a session created at work on a system that is around $20k+ and it runs smoothly on my system. I didn't have to cut down the track count, or limit the amount of plug-ins running.

Oh, and the 4 gigs of RAM only take up 2 of the 4 RAM slots, so I can pump it up (ya like that bez?!?!!) to 8 gigs later.
Back to top Go down
LightRayne
fail
fail

Character Sheet
Level:
Class: Rogue Rogue
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:29 am

ZooZoo wrote:
So far, the performance is stunning, to put it lightly.

I opened up a session created at work on a system that is around $20k+ and it runs smoothly on my system. I didn't have to cut down the track count, or limit the amount of plug-ins running.

Oh, and the 4 gigs of RAM only take up 2 of the 4 RAM slots, so I can pump it up (ya like that bez?!?!!) to 8 gigs later.
64 bit oem?
Back to top Go down
Giggly

Giggly

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:50 am

i had that issue. i upgraded to 8gb of ram and realized i had to have 64bit windows to utilize all of it. windows xp 64bit is soooooo frustrating. a lot of things aren't fully compatible & things run a little funny sometimes. Sheri told me a fix that i could apply to the boot.ini file to allow 32bit windows (/PAE) to detect all 8 gb of ram. it didn't work for me tho ;(

i think 4gb of ram is more than enough unless you're doing some crazy video work then you probably need more.

are u using vista? o_O?
Back to top Go down
Bezildor
Loves Belle
Loves Belle
Bezildor

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 10:54 am

ZooZoo wrote:

well its good that you moved to inanimate objects, it gives lightrayne a break
Back to top Go down
ChibiBobo
OMG BUNNIES
OMG BUNNIES

Character Sheet
Level:
PvP Rating:
ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Left_bar_bleue1/300ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/300)

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:11 am

OMG GIGGLY IT'S A KITTY CAT!!!!!!!!!! ^O^
Back to top Go down
Giggly

Giggly

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:12 am

*hugs chibi's seal* Very Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ChibiBobo
OMG BUNNIES
OMG BUNNIES

Character Sheet
Level:
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:17 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My current MSN pic~ ^^

ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Funnyseal
Back to top Go down
Giggly

Giggly

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:24 am

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! i have one of those seals from animal kingdom or something it's so soft n cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:25 am

Did not know that about 32 bit.

I am using Vista 32 Home. I asked about 64 bit but it is not compatible with Pro Tools yet. I assume when 64 bit is more stable and there is a mainstream OS release that uses 64 bit as the norm, Digidesign will support it. I understand their reasoning behind being slow to support new builds. There are just WAY too many pieces of gear, software, configs, etc for a company like that to support an industry-supported program across all variants. So they are kinda picky about what they will and won't support. Most people building an audio system build the system FOR Pro Tools rather than adding PT onto their existing system.

So far, Vista has been a fairly simple transition from XP, and I haven't seen any problems with the system yet. Then again, it came pre-configed for me, so I haven't really had to do very much setup at all. I'm sure as things go I will tweak, but I didn't have to spend 5 hours getting the system to where I need it to be.
Back to top Go down
Giggly

Giggly

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Bezildor
Loves Belle
Loves Belle
Bezildor

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:16 pm

32bit OSes can support 4gb TOTAL, this means system ram AND gfx card ram. so if u have 4gb RAM and a 1gb gfx card you will get 3gb usable system ram.

it sucks yes i know
Back to top Go down
Giggly

Giggly

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:18 pm

prepare to get uber frustrated with 64bit stuff if u want to add more ram, zoo xP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!   ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

ZooZoo have computor!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next