Destiny Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny Guild

Destiny Guild Forum

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P

Go down 
+14
Toothfairy
pandersoN
Richnox
Belletrice
Brendo
stefanLusT
RyanaBanks
LightRayne
Jea
Senir
Scorp
Crimson
Pebbles
CerealQiller
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Bhuna or Druid
Battle Kahuna
to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 6 ]
Druid
to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Vote_lcap71%to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 71% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
pandersoN

Character Sheet
Level: 117
Class: Battle Summoner Battle Summoner
PvP Rating:
to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:03 am

RyanaBanks wrote:
Well I got a 53 Priest, Toothy has a 53 BS, so we COULD actually help you get past the 5x range Very Happy

i have a hugable 5X bishop Surprised, id like to lvlup
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

Character Sheet
Level:
Class: Battle Kahuna Battle Kahuna
PvP Rating:
to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:31 am

Cool, can I tank for all of you? =O 51 non ob nubhw LF bunch of squishies to learn tanking on Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
RyanaBanks
Minotyrant on Cocaine
Minotyrant on Cocaine
RyanaBanks

Character Sheet
Level: 120
Class: Druid Druid
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:29 pm

Jea wrote:
Cool, can I tank for all of you? =O 51 non ob nubhw LF bunch of squishies to learn tanking on Twisted Evil

Apparently: yes, you can ^^
Back to top Go down
CerealQiller
KornFlakes
KornFlakes
CerealQiller

Character Sheet
Level: 128
Class: Evoker Evoker
PvP Rating:
to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50/300to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:45 pm

Brendo wrote:
i recon a genie would rape a harpy 10 times over even before it breaks a sweat - but got no experience to back that up

i love talking about how i play my huna so if you want a perspective on it from someone let me know lol

lol i choose a harpy over a genie not because of sheer power...

i chose harpy because of its range, which i considered more useful in alt farming compared to melee pets. sure, if its a boss, no doubt i'd go with a hawk/orc/genie/kenta because they'v got more pdef over being ranged since for more than 95% of the time killing the boss, the boss is right in front of the pet. with regular or ++ mobs, their hp is already down by 1/3rd to 1/2 by the time the mob reaches my harpy.

i've compared the speed of farming with my old r6 hawk and my r4 harpy... my harpy's kill speed put my old hawk's kill speed to shame. i would assume an r6 genie or kenta would do quite better than a hawk, but i wouldn't throw billions down just for such a small increase in kill speed. i'd rather spend the money on equipment. i'm going to stick with harpies/rps (if i ever bother spending money bcuz im bored, i'll go for a wd).

besides kill speed... the harpy's range comes into use in dps when an add/patrol decides to attack a healer that is sitting far back behind the rest of the dp; my harpy gets the add off the healer and pulls it towards the tank faster than a melee pet would. farming and dping is just much more easier and more fun to me with a ranged pet imo

genies and hawks seem better in pvp than harpies, but i spend more of my time doing pve stuff than pvp, so i found harpies to be the most suitable pet for my playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Brendo

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 am

yeah seem like some good points. Prety much the only reason i would go for something like a genie is that i want something that can balance out my squishiness and lack of dd power. I was farming next to kyryana yesterday on champs with my orc. Well she could take out at least 3 champs before i killed one and she had a rp and an angel. To be honest, its embaressing. I only chose a genie cos it looks kool imo, a wd or a cerb would have been just as good if not better.
Back to top Go down
RyanaBanks
Minotyrant on Cocaine
Minotyrant on Cocaine
RyanaBanks

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:16 am

Sorry brendo: Druids are the ultimate supportclass but plain suck at DDing except for the AoEs which have quite a mana usage and CD.

You can't have everything... healing, ccing, buffs, pretty nice defense for a mage class (ye, it is. I can compare, played all 3 kinds), so you can't expect superior dmg. Also there is just a lack of druid melee skills... and Tab-Attack... well that one sucks ever since e5 started :-D

Just gotta live with it: you're a party-only-class. Your dmg sucks :-D
Back to top Go down
LightRayne
fail
fail

Character Sheet
Level:
Class: Rogue Rogue
PvP Rating:
to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50/300to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/300)

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:58 pm

RyanaBanks wrote:
Sorry brendo: Druids are the ultimate supportclass but plain suck at DDing except for the AoEs which have quite a mana usage and CD.

You can't have everything... healing, ccing, buffs, pretty nice defense for a mage class (ye, it is. I can compare, played all 3 kinds), so you can't expect superior dmg. Also there is just a lack of druid melee skills... and Tab-Attack... well that one sucks ever since e5 started :-D

druid? cba Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roxis
Red Ranger
Red Ranger
Roxis

Character Sheet
Class: Archer Archer
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 1:27 pm

go bhuna and be rare my 2 cents, always enjoyed a bhuna in my pt rather then a druid(unless it was lightrayne)
Back to top Go down
Brendo

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

RyanaBanks wrote:

yeah i realise that. See this is the thing, when i started rappelz i had a look through the available classes to see what i could be and what i wanted to be even before i started was a mage that had enormous power that i could annilhate anything with .... basically a lock/cm. I didnt know enough about hunas to knw that they were absolutely nothing like that.
You might ask yourself, well why didnt i start another character once i found out about this? well the reason is that when i started, i never knew about grinding and so spending one day lvling my character and then starting again seemed too much of a waste. Not only that but i couldnt really pass too much judgement since i didnt really know much about my class or the game at that point.
The thing i love about this type of game is lvling. I want to get more and more lvls all the time and so starting over with a knew character not only makes me feel as though im leaving something unfinished but it also seem like a waste. Im glad im having a break otherwise i would either wind things down and quit or just rebirth

The thing is alex alot of the time im not needed apart from my buffs. Everyone is healed nicely and even if i do try to heal healer just heals over them anyway and at my lvl theres rarely any need for cc skills. So what else can i do? i can gust people or myself and im struggling to think what else i can do that a different class cant do.

Its only in dps that do trains alot where i find myself being a little more useful and even then i can see the party can survive easily without me (not including buffs).

So in the end my only use is a support which people can make do without. Everything else imo is shit. Sory for my rant. my plan to make a more balanced player has so far been a failure (taming a genie). might as well just go for a koala :0
Back to top Go down
Toothfairy
Guildbogey
Guildbogey
Toothfairy

Character Sheet
Level: 12x
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:04 pm

Don't be so harsh Brendo. o.o
It's every dds job to do a bit damage, noone wants a wonder.

You're a smart guy, using buffs, heals, being a puller, using cc skills -
and I DO love you / your damage + your tanking orc in dungeon parties.
[And outside dungeon - namely Veiled Island and at Waterfall!]

When we had trio / quads with Bahl, you were more than willing to heal.
When I ask for support of gust, you're more than willing to perm gust me.
When a puller is needed u're first in line, no matter how much you lag.

You're a good friend and for hell's sake, I wouldn't want to miss you!

If I were THAT hot for blasting away damage-ddealers who can't tank a sh*t,
I'd have 6/8 darkmage-dps. But who pulls then? Who gives precious huna buffs?
Who heals Toothy, when shes busy semi-tanking, while cleric focus on main tank?
Who sends his orc for clerics pixie to save it and rather die himself,
than letting anyone else get a scratch?

Who, Brendo, if not you? :-*
Back to top Go down
RyanaBanks
Minotyrant on Cocaine
Minotyrant on Cocaine
RyanaBanks

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 5:32 pm

I have to agree to toothy.

Also something nice to give you: once in ToA, every little crowd-control skill, from blasting rock cut to deep water seal will be needed. And trust me: our DPs WILL go to ToA, because it's fun and challenging :-D
Back to top Go down
Brendo

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 6:35 pm

awwww kind words Embarassed
Back to top Go down
CerealQiller
KornFlakes
KornFlakes
CerealQiller

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 11:19 pm

Brendo wrote:
my squishiness and lack of dd power. I was farming next to kyryana yesterday on champs with my orc. Well she could take out at least 3 champs before i killed one and she had a rp and an angel. To be honest, its embaressing. I only chose a genie cos it looks kool imo, a wd or a cerb would have been just as good if not better.

psh i wouldnt compare to any1 with rps Razz - it's rather obvious that ranged and/or matk pets have an advantage in fast farming imo

but, i do thoroughly enjoy the occasional *squish* when my neighboring farmer's rp gets mobbed up Twisted Evil

i say, u shd get a harpy ^^ i've been using my nub huna with one and oh is it fun! Very Happy (harpy unity, sup. quick pot (too poor for enhanced), gust, then the occasional reck of thunder/fire... i sometimes out dmge my r4 harpy and take aggro D:). (cant wait to get my skell to 90 and belt it ^^). tho huna still seems like a dp class lol
Back to top Go down
Brendo

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:20 am

CerealQiller wrote:
Brendo wrote:
my squishiness and lack of dd power. I was farming next to kyryana yesterday on champs with my orc. Well she could take out at least 3 champs before i killed one and she had a rp and an angel. To be honest, its embaressing. I only chose a genie cos it looks kool imo, a wd or a cerb would have been just as good if not better.

psh i wouldnt compare to any1 with rps Razz - it's rather obvious that ranged and/or matk pets have an advantage in fast farming imo

but, i do thoroughly enjoy the occasional *squish* when my neighboring farmer's rp gets mobbed up Twisted Evil

i say, u shd get a harpy ^^ i've been using my nub huna with one and oh is it fun! Very Happy (harpy unity, sup. quick pot (too poor for enhanced), gust, then the occasional reck of thunder/fire... i sometimes out dmge my r4 harpy and take aggro D:). (cant wait to get my skell to 90 and belt it ^^). tho huna still seems like a dp class lol

nah your suggestion is noted but thats not the way forward. I cant even outdamage my orc with that combo when hes using his skills (probs cos its evo3/high lvl) and for champs ranged is not the way to go. Farming normal mobs is perhaps the only advantage that i can gain from them, so no!!!
Back to top Go down
LightRayne
fail
fail

Character Sheet
Level:
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:14 am

Roxis wrote:
go bhuna and be rare my 2 cents, always enjoyed a bhuna in my pt rather then a druid(unless it was lightrayne)
i love you
Back to top Go down
LightRayne
fail
fail

Character Sheet
Level:
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:15 am

Cereal mate listen, playing an r3 huna is not going to give you ANYWHERE near view of what it will be like at r6 at r3 huna is still fun because we actually kick out alot more damage than other classes at that level and most pets but as the levels go up our damage scales down till its pathetically low that we're doing the same damage to mobs at r6 that we did to them at r3.
Back to top Go down
CerealQiller
KornFlakes
KornFlakes
CerealQiller

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:58 am

LightRayne wrote:
Cereal mate listen, playing an r3 huna is not going to give you ANYWHERE near view of what it will be like at r6

hehe thats exactly why i'm trying to find dps to help lvl it Razz

still, i love the idea of getting gust when i want it ^^ - after all those many dps, i ask for gust, and im ignored xP
Back to top Go down
LightRayne
fail
fail

Character Sheet
Level:
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:07 am

CerealQiller wrote:
LightRayne wrote:
Cereal mate listen, playing an r3 huna is not going to give you ANYWHERE near view of what it will be like at r6

hehe thats exactly why i'm trying to find dps to help lvl it Razz

still, i love the idea of getting gust when i want it ^^ - after all those many dps, i ask for gust, and im ignored xP
save up your money for a +3/4 support of gust card then
gives you perm gust
Back to top Go down
CerealQiller
KornFlakes
KornFlakes
CerealQiller

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:27 am

exactly wat im doing xD lmao

bought a +1 for 1mil yesterday; now i just need a bunch more to break and some anc skill cubes D:

i think i'd just stay safe with a +3 (just barely covering the cd) rather than a +4... which would only b a novelty i cant afford lol
Back to top Go down
Antje
Battle Hunas Pwn You
Battle Hunas Pwn You
Antje

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Man, I'm too lazy to read all this, so I just skimmed...

I heart my bhuna, but I'm never around druids, so meh. I wish I had more heals, but I really like being able to do some damage.

I say bhuna. Going from evoker, you might want that little extra humph haha...

In my real opinion though... don't rebirth. Everyone is rebirthing to huna now, and at this level, there are so many hunas that its starting to get hard to even find a dp, as odd as that sounds. The last few weeks, everytime I find a dp they tell me they have a huna already. Just stay evoker in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
CerealQiller
KornFlakes
KornFlakes
CerealQiller

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:39 pm

Antje wrote:
Man, I'm too lazy to read all this, so I just skimmed...

I heart my bhuna, but I'm never around druids, so meh. I wish I had more heals, but I really like being able to do some damage.

I say bhuna. Going from evoker, you might want that little extra humph haha...

In my real opinion though... don't rebirth. Everyone is rebirthing to huna now, and at this level, there are so many hunas that its starting to get hard to even find a dp, as odd as that sounds. The last few weeks, everytime I find a dp they tell me they have a huna already. Just stay evoker in my opinion.

sorta wat i realized as well =/

i saw engangpink went from archer to druid... maybe the 300mil would be of more use to spend on ss rather than on an rb scroll lol

but at least this topic helped me get a better understanding in huna's 2nd job classes ^^ thx again yall
Back to top Go down
Toothfairy
Guildbogey
Guildbogey
Toothfairy

Character Sheet
Level: 12x
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:51 am

I dunno why people tell Antje that they already have a huna. O.O

Having two hunas rock. ^^
Atm we have Brendo and Jeanrhia at the same time - whenever we can.
Having a battlehuna plus druid in dp is a cake with icing on top.

Two buffers, two healers, two people to support of gust,
two experienced train pullers, two crowdcontrolers -
it's even sweeter than having two darkmages since they both can tank...

*ducks & runs*
Back to top Go down
CerealQiller
KornFlakes
KornFlakes
CerealQiller

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Toothfairy wrote:
two people to support of gust

+1 Very Happy
if 1s afk, lazy, or busy gusting a sin, the other can gust me evoker! ^^ lol
Back to top Go down
Jea

Jea

Character Sheet
Level:
Class: Battle Kahuna Battle Kahuna
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:06 pm

we are never lazy to gust! although we are laggy sometimes =D

To: "Brendo you gust sin, me Toothy =)
Back to top Go down
CerealQiller
KornFlakes
KornFlakes
CerealQiller

Character Sheet
PvP Rating:

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:38 pm

Jea wrote:
we are never lazy to gust! although we are laggy sometimes =D

To: "Brendo you gust sin, me Toothy =)

but most non-engaged hunas really ask, "what does gust mean?" o.o... /cough... and they call themselves hunas Razz (i've got 5 in my mind right now and i'd name quite a few but i know i shdnt point ppl out) lol

most 11X and r6 hunas like u, antje, naneel, and etc actually are familiar with what "gusting" is though, thank god ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P   to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

to Bhuna or to Druid. thatis the question :P
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next